The National Association of Security Companies (NASCO) is the nation's largest contract security association, representing private security companies that employ more than 450,000 of the nation's most highly trained security officers servicing every business sector. NASCO is leading efforts to set meaningful standards for the private security industry and security officers by monitoring state and federal legislation and regulations affecting the quality and effectiveness of private security services.
NASCO is dedicated to:
- Advocate the interest of private security firms
- Promote and sustain professional integrity and competence throughout every aspect of the private security business
- Proactively participate in creating new markets and maintaining competitive access to existing markets for contract security services
- Promote higher standards, consistent regulations and ethical conduct for private security businesses
- Increase awareness and understanding among, policy-makers, the media and the general public regarding the important role that private security plays in safeguarding people, property and assets and preventing crime and terrorism
- Assure the continued strength of the contract security industry